The Yellow Smoothie
We have been so looking forward to this content collaboration with Vandana, who is on a personal quest to spotlight choices that inspire natural living through her blog. Naturally Lush is all about adopting a conscious lifestyle that is holistically healthy and minimises carbon footprint.
We have teamed up for a three part recipe collaboration that will end in a goodie giveaway by Naturally Lush & Copper + Cloves. Make sure you don’t miss it & follow both the handles on Instagram – @naturally.lush and @copperandcloves!
This yellow smoothie is seasonal, smooth and soothing. Both Turmeric and Ginger are anti-inflammatory and known for their healing and digestive properties. Coconut milk is full of healthy fats, which can improve gut health. I included a yellow zucchini to balance the sweetness and to increase the variety of fresh produce in there!
Mango, of-course, is India’s most loved fruit packed with fibre, vitamin C and deliciousness. Happy Mango Season!
- 1 mango (any variety, except raw mango! If it is a tiny mango you could use two)
- ½ yellow zucchini
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder or thumb-sized piece of fresh turmeric root
- 150ml coconut milk
- Squeeze of fresh lime
- Crack of black pepper
You will need:
- Remove all the flesh of the mango and put into a blender. Wash the zucchini well, cut into 4 pieces and add to the blender. Peel the ginger, cut into small pieces and add. Repeat for fresh turmeric root but it is just as good to add a teaspoon of turmeric powder if this is easier to get hold of.
- Pour in the coconut milk (try to find a fresh brand which uses no additives. If you are using canned coconut milk you may need to add a little water, as canned tends to be thicker). A pinch of pepper powder or a crack of black pepper (pepper helps with uptake of the active ingredients in the turmeric) and a sqeeze of fresh lime.
- Turn on the blender and let it blend for a minute or so to ensure everything is combined really well.
- Pour into a glass with ice, if you want, or enjoy it as a smoothie bowl. Pour into a bowl and decorate the top with pumpkin seeds, pomegranate jewels and any other toppings you feel like, and eat with a spoon.
Gentle reminder : To participate in an awesome Instagram Giveaway from Naturally Lush & Copper + Cloves don’t forget to follow both on Instagram @naturally.lush and @copperandcloves!